Spies Hecker 1K Wash Primer 3.5L (40854)
1K Primer Surfacer 4085
A zinc chromate-free one component product from our “PVB-System.” Priomat® 1K Primer
Surfacer 4085 is recommended for cars requiring wet-on-wet finishes on small areas or
finishes with intermediate sanding. Priomat 1K Primer Surfacer 4085 is easy to use and
apply and offers reliable adhesion and corrosion protection. Priomat 1K Primer Surfacer
4085 may also be used as a weld-through primer.
Both a sprayable and aerosol version of Priomat 1K Primer Surfacer 4085 is available in
light gray and dark gray.
The products referenced herein may not be available for sale in your market. Please
consult your distributor for product availability.
Priomat 1K Primer Surfacer 4085
Permacron® Dura Plus 8580,
Permacron Reducer 3363 Medium, or
Permacron Reducer 3365 Slow
For optimum reducer selection, refer to Technical Data Sheet No. 780.0
8580 / 3363 / 3365 +50%
18 – 20 seconds at 68°F/20°C, DIN 4
Unlimited (in a sealed container).
1. 0.3 mil dry film thickness is necessary for adequate corrosion resistance.
2. Metal substrates must be primed within one half-hour of sanding or re-sanding is
3. All traces of rust must be removed before applying Priomat 1K Primer Surfacer 4085.
4. Do not recoat with polyester or epoxy products.
5. Do not use on reversible finishes.
6. We recommend the following three-stage system:
a. Prime with Priomat Primer 4085.
b. Apply 2K Permasolid® Surfacer.
c. Apply Topcoat.
7. Once Priomat 1K Primer Surfacer 4085 has been applied at a film thickness of 1.0 – 1.2
mils, the repair area must be primed within a week’s time or re-sanding or re-application
of an additional layer of Priomat 1K Primer Surfacer 4085 is required